Thursday 8 May 2014

My first impression about England
When our bus got down from the boat, I saw that cars were driving on the left, and there, I had the confirmation that I was in England. It’s very disturbing to drive on the left, to take roundabouts on the left  and to overtake on the right. I have had the feeling that the English want to do everything opposite to the French.

The weather was mild, and the sky was grey. After two hours on the road we arrived in Staffordshire University, where people have been very friendly and welcoming.

To my surprise, the food has been delicious and sometimes better than French food but it’s so expensive. Everything is more expensive here except clothes. At the beginning I had trouble to accustom myself with the currency. I’m expected to see people take tea in the afternoon (5PM) but it is not the case.

I have noted that people drink a lot of alcohol but not the same way like in France, it’s not a surprise. The English are very eccentric. At the parties women wear very revealing outfits. They like football it's nearly a religion here. However the English are very open minded and we can easily feel like at home. We feel and we see also the cultural diversity everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Would you say that most food in the supermarkets in Stafford are more expensive than in Paris? I have a feeling that fruit will be more expensive here as everything is imported.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.