Wednesday 7 May 2014

My life in England.


 Whereas I wanted go to the USA because I was not attracted by Stafford, my trip in England is a good surprise. Indeed, I discovered new beautiful places like Stafford, Birmingham and especially London. On the other hand, this trip allowed me to judge if French and world prejudices about England and its population are correct.


Although I live in a great city like Paris, I was born in a small town and especially in the country next to Calais and the Channel Tunnel. That's why, I wanted to rediscover a small town with a lot of green spaces, trees and quiet neighborhoods. 


However, I am disappointed because every day, in these green spaces, I don't see pleasure and cheerfulness. Indeed, there are never children playing. In place of this, there are boards forbidding, for example, ball games. I think it's dull. On the other hand, the Staffordshire University is amazing! Indeed, it can find in this university a Sports Centre, including Fitness Suite, a Nursery, a Television Centre & Lecture Theater, a Careers Centre & Student Recruitment Centre and a lot of other things. I would like to have the same things in EFREI.





One of the first prejudices that I find with Google: English population forbids to open up to other countries. It's possible...they drive on the left, they don't have Euro and they don't like really the European policy. However, I think it's false. Indeed, whereas France says she wants to accept foreigners, it seems me that England is more open to the difference and multiculturalism. Writing this, I think of Samir Nasri, a French footballer. He plays in English championship with Manchester City. Last week, he said English population is may be more tolerant than France, especially with footballers and Muslims. And...he may have good reason. I stopped to count the number of foreigner that I saw working in shops...with a large smile and ever very kind! Besides, generally, all people in England are very happy and approachable and I love this!





Finally, in my opinion, this foreign trip is beneficial for us. Indeed, it allowed me to meet new people or to come closer to some EFREI students.


1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.