Monday 19 January 2015

Gap Fill exercise 1 for Hidden Villages (Introduction)

Watch the introduction again and try to fill in the gaps with the adjectives Penelope uses.

Now complete the missing adjectives: “Green teas, bunting, the local shop, 1) ___________ cottages 2) _________ in roses, and 3) ___________ church spires. Go!

It’s not hard to imagine the 4) __________ village from the imagination. But for me villages are so much more. As an actress I've played many roles, but in real life I am a villager. I've lived in a village for over 36 years and I know a thing or two about the challenges the communities face. So in this series I’ll show what makes villages 5) ___________ , and learn about their past, present and their future.
Villages may look like places of peace and tranquillity, but beneath that 6) _____________ appearance lies an 7) ______________ and 8) __________ world. On my journey I’ll explore 9) __________ , 10) _____________ villages that are so 11) ____________ to us all. But I will also reveal communities that will surprise and challenge what it means to be a village.I don’t think anyone really knows what they’re doing.And I’ll discover just what it is that makes us feel so passionately about thisquintessentially British institution.12) _____________, isn't it?”

The missing adjectives:

peace                                                                         familiar
magnificent                                                             sleepy
perfect                                                                      hidden
unique                                                                       swathed
thatched                                                                   intriguing
quaint                                                                        tranquillity









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.