Wednesday 30 October 2013

Frida's feedback

Feedback on Caverswall village


     Our team went to Caverswall village last Wednesday, where there is a 13th-century medieval castle. The weather on that day was quite cold and rainy as well, fortunately our teacher had given us a friendly reminder which was to bring an umbrella in a bag. so we are all feeling comfortable to visit all place in Caverswall village.                                                                                                        The first place we went to was the 'Caverswall millennium garden', there were many flowers and plants in the garden which is not a private garden but is open to everyone. All things in there were quite old and made me feel the fascination of ancient European buildings.on our ways we also saw the red house pub and many cute funny pumpkins under the big tree because it is nearly Halloween. Then we went to one of the churches which should be called the church of all saints. There were lots of tombs in the church yard which i thought were real at the beginning. But later i was told that they were real and some important local people were buried under them.Some tombs were different to the others.Lorenzo,who is our teacher told me,you can know the'tomb age'from the tomb because different periods have different tomb shapes.Some of them tomb have already existed hundreds of years which i thought was incredible.             Also we went to an interviewer's home, which is quite a nice house and had a beautiful garden. He said he felt very relaxed and comfortable in this village because you can communicate  with people which is very convenient. In a Small place you can always meet people and people feel closer.such as you can easily remember all your neighbor's names and look after each other which we cannot really do in the city. Moreover he had built a little wooden tree house and that was a amazing thing. He also told me, it had taken 2-3 months to build with other people helping. His children love to play games in the treehouse which makes me envious.                                                                                                           I would like to go there again and find out more interesting things about this little charming village.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely description Frida. I really liked the tree house and thought they had made a really good job of it. I wish I had a tree in my garden, because if I did I would be in it now, building a house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely description Frida. I really liked the tree house and thought they had made a really good job of it. I wish I had a tree in my garden, because if I did I would be in it now, building a house.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.