Saturday 8 February 2014

My first impressions of the UK

                       My first impressions of the UK

I took the train on 16/01 at 7:47 Am. I arrived at San Pancras station from Paris to London  at 9 Am. My first impression was: “This is a big city!” I saw a lot of buildings, and some were under construction. London has a very large population, such as in Paris and there were lots of cars, so it seemed to be a dynamic city.
I had the impression that the British were strange. I had this feeling, because one of the first things I realized is that, they drive on the left of the road, and the steering wheels of their cars are on the right. It was strange for me, because in France, we drive on the right and the steering wheel is on the left. Currently in France I am taking courses in order to get my driving license and in my mind I knew that I will not be able to drive in the UK, because I will put my life in danger
I was surprised when I saw for the first time the British police cars, the ambulances, the currency and the uniform of the policemen. They were different from what we have in France and, I thought they were cool. I saw some of the British taxis. It was funny to see that they were the same as those I saw in English movies. In England when you call a taxi he engages his meter when you sit in his car whereas in France he does it when you call him.
Lastly, I was happy to see that British people love many sports, in particular Football and Rugby. In France I used to watch the Barclays Premier League and my favorite team is Chelsea. I realized that a lot of things are cheaper in England than in France (the food, the clothes, the taxi, electronics devices...).




MBADI BAYEBEC Prosper Emmanuel






2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I didn't know that taxis operated differently in Paris and that certain things were alot cheaper here too, such as food, clothes and electrical goods. However,I think most of these things are imported into the UK. Perhaps France doe not import as much as we do. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superbe commentaire. Je vous souhaite un bon semestre international.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.