Friday 7 February 2014

My first impression in the UK

Kevin AVOGNON

January 2014



          This wasn’t the first time I came to England. I came twice when I was 9 or 10 so I’m used to going abroad. But when I came again on last Thursday, knowing that I will be staying here for 3 months, I really was happy. Because in France, I live in Disneyland and I have to travel nearly 2 hours daily to get to EPITA. So, knowing that my family is only 5 minutes from the school, it will be a great thing for me to be close to it. Then, I wanted to improve my English comprehension before having the final TOEIC test. So these 3 months will be worthwhile for me regarding my English comprehension and my spoken English.

          I was actually sleeping during the last 30minutes I was in France and the first 10minutes in England, but before I took the Eurostar, I didn’t want to speak English and once in England, but  I told myself that it was time to speak. Once in London, when I saw the English sky, it wasn’t raining so I thought that was a nice start. But when we arrived  Stafford, the sky became grey.

          As soon as we arrived in Stafford, we decided to go to the university by using a Taxi. The people we met were very nice, and I prefer them to the people in France, because they aren’t used to stopping for a few seconds to help people who are lost or something.

         So to conclude, my first impressions in the UK were good

2 comments:

  1. Interesting Kevin. I am surprised that back in France people don't seem to have much time for strangers who stop them for directions or help. Why do you think that is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. We aren't use to people with that level of kindness in England.. I'm not saying that every people will help you here but in France, it well be harder to find your way.
      I don't know why people are like that in France

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.